An agreement between El Dorado County and Real Returns, LLC in an amount not to exceed $41,266 was approved on 9-25-12 to fund an EIR. The Notice of Preparation was published 12-18-12 and information about making comments regarding the NOP can be found by clicking here. Public comments were due by 5:00pm on Friday, January 18, 2013. Thank you to everyone who submitted comments. We'll keep you posted on what is next.
At the 2-9-12 Planning Commission meeting the developer and County Staff came to the conclusion that an Environmental Impact Report (EIR) must be completed for this proposed project. The impacts are significant and an EIR will force the County to acknowledge the negative effects of this project on our community.
Please continue to spread the word and encourage friends and family to sign the online petition. The County receives each online signature as a reminder that we do not want this project in this location. We must stay vigilant to ensure that our concerns are heard.
Please look at these diagrams. Do you want this type of overcrowded and commercial development as the entryway to our rural and peaceful community? This piece of property is currently zoned R1A for single-family houses on one-acre parcels. A recent Traffic Impact Study states that this project will add 4,455 daily car trips to the Highway 50 and Ponderosa Road interchange. Do you want the level of traffic on this interchange increased to unacceptable levels?
More information can be found on our Documents Page.
All of this is planned to be crammed on 12 acres located on the north side of Wild Chaparral Drive 500 ft west of the intersection with Crosswood Drive in Shingle Springs.
Please take action!
Each time someone signs the online petition, a copy of it is sent to all 5 Planning Commissioners, all 5 Supervisors, and Roger Trout, the Director of Development Services.
Or take a few minutes to call or send an email to the Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors to let them know you are opposed to this development.
Contact info for Planning Commission:
1. Jeff Haberman, District I, email@example.com
2. Gary Miller, District II, firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Jeff Hansen, District III, email@example.com
4. James William, District IV, firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Brian Shinault, District V, email@example.com
6. Roger Trout, Director, Dev. Svcs. (530) 621-5369, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact info for Board of Supervisors:
1. John Hidahl, Supervisor District I, (530) 621-5650, email@example.com
2. Shiva Frentzen, Supervisor District II, (530) 621-5651, firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Brian Veerkamp, Supervisor District III, (530) 621-5652, email@example.com
4. Michael Ranalli, Supervisor District IV, (530) 621-6513, firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Sue Novasel, Supervisor District V, (530) 621-6577, email@example.com
Email & Phone Subject: Tilden Park Hotel project in Shingle Springs
Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors agenda: https://eldorado.legistar.com/Calendar.aspx